- This event has passed.
Bucket hat sewing workshop
April 15 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm£20.00
In this workshop, you will learn to create your own bucket hat using the personally drafted pattern by Krissie Colton. The Saskia Hat has been developed for the warm summer Cornish days, perfect for the beach and ideal for any occasion.
The Saskia Hat is drafted to be sewn up fully lined and in two sizes so it fits a multitude of head sizes. It’s a perfect beginner project and ideal if you want to upcycle some of your old denims, interior fabrics, in fact this hat lends itself well to any medium to heavy-weight cloth that your machine is happy to sew!
What you will learn:
- Assembling a pattern
- Sewing up your hat
- How to understitch
- Top stitching options
What you will need to bring:
- Your working sewing machine
- Sewing kit – with the following, pins, scissors, stitch ripper, etc
- 1⁄2 metre of medium – heavy weight fabrics such as canvas, denims, cottons, suiting fabrics, textured fabrics, recycled curtains, upcycled fabrics etc
- Fat quarter for the lining
- Optional light weight interfacing
- Matching threads
- Optional top stitching threads
What we supply:
- Sewing pattern