- This event has passed.
Learn to sew a tunic top
April 8 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm£45.00
The Poppy Tunic Top is a satisfying sew, an uncomplicated fit due to the loose fit making this a good next stage beginners project.
The Poppy Tunic Top has a loose collar for ease of wear so there is no need for buttons or a zip and 3⁄4 length sleeves. There is also the optional extra of deep, lined in-seam pockets on the front, always a must with any garment.
What you will learn:
- Assembling a pattern
- Cutting out the fabric according to the pattern
- How to lengthen or shorten your pattern
- How to sew facing
- How to understitch
- Lined patch pockets
What you will need to bring:
- Your sewing machine – if you need to use one of ours please tell us at the booking stage and we can confirm if there is one available
- A sewing kit – thread scissors, pins, tape measure etc
- Your fabric – see separate fabric consumption chart in images for a guide
- Interfacing half metre
What we supply:
The pattern – please confirm your size at the time of booking
Level: Next stage beginner – you must have at least one project already on top of what you have sewn in the beginners.
Duration: 4 hours
Please note we try to calculate how long a workshop will be and plan to finish each garment in the allocated time but this isn’t always possible, If you are unable to finish in the workshop time we will make sure you are confident with your garment to be finished at home.
Pattern Cutter Cornwall